Note: DialogFlow integration is currently in beta — please make sure to backup your project just in case!
HumanFirst supports importing Dialogflow ES agents into a workspace very easily. Dialogflow CX isn’t supported at the moment (see a comparison of the editions here). If you are interested in Dialogflow CX support, come give us a shout on our Slack community.
Let’s quickly explore how to import Dialogflow ES agents into HumanFirst!
Importing a Dialogflow agent
- In Dialogflow ES, go to the `Export and Import` section of your agent’s settings, then export your agent to a zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Open a terminal to the directory in which the agent was unzipped. This directory should contain a file named
- Import the agent in a workspace by running:
hf dialogflow import — workspace [workspace id] — clear
$ hf dialogflow import --workspace playbook-55ZOH4OG3ZH6NNZXH6IG2ZXD --clear Zipping agent.json Zipping entities/car-type.json Zipping entities/car-type_entries_en.json Zipping intents/Buy a car.json Zipping intents/Buy a car_usersays_en.json Zipping intents/Default Fallback Intent.json... Zipping package.jsonAgent intents successfully imported into workspace 'playbook-55ZOH4OG3ZH6NNZXH6IG2ZXD'
5. You may now open the workspace in your browser.
Please note: we don’t provide any entity management features in the UX today, so you won’t see your entities in Studio; however they are kept as part of the data, and re-exported with your intent data.
Exporting a Workspace
Hint: You can track changes that have been done in HumanFirst by initializing a git repository in the directory of your unzipped agent and then committing the initial files originating from Dialogflow. By doing this, you will be able to easily compare the changes by using
- Open a terminal to the directory in which an exported Dialogflow agent has been unzipped. This directory should contain a file named
- Export a HumanFirst workspace into the directory by running:
hf dialogflow export — workspace [workspace id]
$ hf dialogflow export --workspace playbook-55ZOH4OG3ZH6NNZXH6IG2ZXD Writing to /path/to/intents/question about team.json Writing to /path/to/intents/question about team — yes.json Writing to /path/to/intents/identity — custom.jsonWriting to /path/to/intents/identity.json Writing to /path/to/intents/Default Welcome Intent.json Workspace ‘playbook-55ZOH4OG3ZH6NNZXH6IG2ZXD’ successfully exported
- Zip the agent directory:
zip -r agent.zip .
- In Dialogflow ES, go to the `Export and Import` section of your agent’s settings, click on `Import from zip`, select the just-created
agent.zipfile and click on import.
- As previously mentioned, it is possible to mimic the follow-up intents hierarchy when importing the agent into HumanFirst. This will allow you to see the follow-up structure. Since HumanFirst doesn’t support follow-up intents yet, keep in mind that the follow-up structure may not be accurate when importing it back into Dialogflow. Use the
--followup-hierarchyoption at both the import and export to enable this option.